一、 2011年11月4日前，请申报Thomson Medal Award，具体内容请见：
The 2012 Thomson Medal Award
Call for Nominations
Nominations are requested from national mass spectrometry societies and groups for the 2012 Thomson Medals. The winners will be awarded during the 2012 International Mass Spectrometry Conference in Kyoto, Japan (September 15-21 2012).
The Thomson Medals are named after Sir J. J. Thomson, who was responsible for the first mass spectrograph and its resulting data more than 100 years ago. He also predicted many features of modern mass spectrometry. He discovered the electron using mass spectrometry and won the Nobel Prize in 1906 for his research.
The Medals are sponsored by the International Mass Spectrometry Foundation (IMSF), and were first awarded in 1985. The previous winners were:
2009: C Costello, C C Fenselau and P Roepstorff
2006: J H Bowie, M L Gross and M Karas
2003: R B Caprioli, F Hillenkamp and V L Talrose
2000: J B Fenn, D F Hunt and A G Marshall
1997: M T Bowers, D E Games and J F J Todd
1994: C Brunnée, C Djerassi and H Schwarz
1991: K Biemann, H Matsuda and N M M Nibbering
1985: J H Beynon, R G Cooks, K R Jennings, F W McLafferty and A O C Nier
The rules for the nomination process are as follows:
1. Nominations are to be made only by members of the IMSF’s Governing Committee.
2. Each Governing Committee representative may make up to three nominations. Each nomination is limited to the length of one page and should detail the principal achievements of the nominee. (Deadline 31 October 2011)
3. Award winners should be accomplished in both of the following areas:
(a). Outstanding achievements in mass spectrometry;
(b). Distinguished services to international mass spectrometry societies.
Those involved in the nomination and voting process should note that the words “for service to international mass spectrometry” are inscribed on the medals.
4. A preliminary vote, using the Hare system (5, 4, 3, 2, 1), will determine the top 9 candidates. The voters will consist of members from the IMSF Governing Committee. (Deadline 31 December 2011)
5. The sponsors of the top 9 candidates will each submit additional information on the candidates’ achievements, limited to no more than 5 pages. (Only one sponsor is permitted per candidate; in the event that there is more than one sponsor per candidate, the multiple sponsors will agree on a single sponsor.) This material may include up to two letters which are for information only, and should not be seen as a form of endorsement.
6. A second vote by the Governing Committee, using the same voting system, will select the top three candidates as the award winners. (Deadline 30 April 2012)
7. Nominations should be sent to the chair of the 2012 Thomson Award Committee through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Prof. Jentaie Shiea)
Abstract Submission Start: January 10, 2012
Abstract Submission Deadline: April 27, 2012
Author Notification of Acceptance: End of June, 2012
三、2012年，第60th ASMS年会将在加拿大温哥华举行。期间，CMSS作为支持方之一，将主持质谱在核与辐射环境中的应用或质谱在中药和保健品中的应用分会场，请大家积极参与和投稿。具体事宜直接访问60th ASMS官网(http://www.asms.org/Conferences/AnnualConference/GeneralInformation/tabid/127/Default.aspx)。
Jan 1, 2012: Conference registration and lodging opens online
Feb 3, 2012: Deadline for submission of abstracts
Apr 14, 2012: Conference program online
Apr 30, 2012: Deadline for advance registration